A Timeline of Events in our Church History
The First Baptist Church of Ustick is organized in the latter part of the year based on the results of a census showing more Baptists lived in the area than other denominations.
January 3, 1908
First business meeting is held at the home of Mr. J.A. Hulstrom.
June 22, 1908
A contract is drawn up with A.E. Mans and Son in the old packing house to build the church building for $1149.85. A loan of $250 is extended by the Home Mission Society along with the specification that the building be built of stone or brick. Brick is chosen.
The original church building on Wildwood, south of Ustick Road, is completed.
September 20, 1908
First service is held in the new church building with seats loaned from the Eagle church. Rev. Wood conducted the service. The church is finished before the schoolhouse and school was held at the church for part of a term. All grades and four years of high school are offered.
June 4, 1912
First recorded social is held at the church by members of B.Y.P.U.
June 11-14, 1918
Southeastern Baptist Convention is held at Ustick with 150 registered delegates.
A house near the church is purchased for a Parsonage at a cost of $2000.
October 26, 1924
Due to the rapid growth of the Sunday School program, the Trustess and Deacons were instructed by the church to make plans for a basement under the building.
June 6, 1926
First recorded D.V.B. School is held, under Mr. & Mrs. Knicely.
First Baptist Church of Ustick (originally a mission church) becomes self-supporting.
The church must request financial aid from the Northern Baptist Convention.
March 23, 1947
The church becomes self-supporting once again.
February 17, 1951
The original church building burns down.
February 18, 1951
Sunday School and Church Services are held in the Ustick School Gym, the morning after the fire. Services continue at the Ustick School until the new building is finished.
Work begins on a second church building. The new building is constructed on the old site, facing west instead of north.
April 27, 1952
Annual business meeting is held at the new church building.
May 11, 1952
New church building is occupied for services. The new building costs $16,212.32.
November 9, 1952
The first baptismal services in the new building are held at 3 p.m. Nine candidates are baptized.
East addition to the church building is built.
October 14, 1956
The church receives special recognition at the state convention for being among the top ten givers to missions on a per capita basis.
October 12, 1958
The 50th Anniversary Service is held. Membership has grown to 229.
The old Ustick school is purchased for the purpose of starting a Christian school. The time is not right and cost is prohibitive, so the old school is used as a gym.
A new parsonage is built on the same plot of ground as the old parsonage at the corner of Ustick and Wildwood.
Everett Berrey begins serving as Pastor. He serves until 1969.
The old Ustick school is sold to be turned into a cannery. The money from the sale is used toward the funding of a new gym next to the church.
The new gym next to the church is completed.
A new paved parking area is completed.
2.1 acres(+) is purchased adjacent to the church property for recreational development.
An additional paved area is added for more parking.
Pastor Greg Reider begins serving as Pastor. He serves until 2020
The parsonage is sold for use as a private residence.
March 31, 1991
The church goes to a two service schedule. An 8:30 morning service is added in addition to the regular 11:00 service.
Property on McMillan Road is dedicated.
February 4, 2001
The church has its first service at the rented temporary facilities on the campus of the Church of God Seventh Day in Meridian.
Work begins on the new church building on McMillan Road.
May 12, 2002
First Sunday Service held in the new church building at 14301 W. McMillan Road, Boise, Idaho.
June 9, 2002
Dedication service is held for new building.
April 20, 2008
The 100th Anniversary Service is held. Average attendance has grown to 550.
January 10, 2021
A Celebration of Faithfulness retirement service held for Pastor Greg Reider after 32 years of serving at Ustick Baptist Church
January 30, 2022
Church membership votes to change the name of the church to Living Hope Bible Church
April 10, 2022
Church membership votes to hire Chris Santaguida as the new Lead Pastor